There are so many to sift through so let us show you the best Cards Against Humanity Expansions. This is all 22 available packs ranked. This submit and judge game has only been out since 2009 but it has quickly become the #1 adult party board game. The publishers have taken advantage of this and released many different topical expansion packs.
If you are unfamiliar, this is a game where a phrase with blanks is shown and players submit a card they think completes it in the best way possible (usually funniest). Since you can only use cards a few times before they get old, these packs give you new options and keep things fresh. This is our list of the 22 Ranked Best Cards Against Humanity expansions. Many pack descriptions were written by the publisher, please excuse any language that may offend you.
FOR MORE: Cards Against Humanity Page | How To Play Cards Against Humanity | Cards Against Humanity Review | Games Like Cards Against Humanity | Buy Cards Against Humanity on Amazon
#22 | You Sh*ty Jokes Pack
You Sh*ty Jokes Pack takes the bottom spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it is just blank cards. It is supposed to be for those who liked making their own rules, a thing from the original. This is all fine and well but you get no creativity points here.
Your Shitty Jokes contains 50 blank cards (40 white, 10 black) to help you make your deck objectively less fun to play.
- Add your own confusing, alienating inside jokes to a game we’ve carefully written to have a consistent voice and grammatical structure.
- Includes instructions for writing cards that don’t suck (which you will almost certainly ignore)
FOR MORE: Buy You Sh*ty Jokes Pack on Amazon
#21 | Yearly Holiday Packs
Yearly Holiday Packs takes the near bottom spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because their are pretty novel comparably. There are a few different years but you are not going to get the longevity out of them that you are looking for.
There are versions for 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- 30 cards just-barely themed to the holidays. (each year)
- All profits donated to the Charity.
FOR MORE: Buy Yearly Holiday Packs on Amazon
#20 | Science Pack
The Science Pack takes a low spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it is just the least relatable out of all the packs. Science can be fun, it is just apparently not as fun as the Ass or Weed packs.
The Science Pack is a pack about the hit system of knowledge known worldwide as “science.” They wrote it with Phil Plait (Bad Astronomy) and Zach Weinersmith (SMBC).
- 30 cards about captivating theories like evolution and global warming, with a special guest appearance by Uranus.
- All profits donated to the Cards Against Humanity & SMBC Science Ambassador Scholarship for women in STEM.
FOR MORE: Buy Science Pack on Amazon
#19 | AI Pack
AI Pack takes its place on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it has some fun stuff but it is just not up to the high level of some of the other packs out there. There are several jokes to be made and some real gems but by no means the overall best.
For Black Friday 2019, they taught a computer to write Cards Against Humanity cards and then made their human writers battle it for their jobs. Here’s the pack the AI wrote.
- 30 cards actually written by an intelligent neural network trained on our brainstorming documents.
- Still available for a limited time.
FOR MORE: Buy AI Pack on Amazon
#18 | Saves America Pack
Saves America Pack takes the number eighteen spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it can get political at times and that might alienate some folks or kick up the stakes a bit too high for a group of friends or family.
Remember that time when everyone thought the Trump presidency was going to be an unmitigated disaster? And then Cards Against Humanity saved America? Well, there are cards from that.
- Contains 30 cards previously released as part of our 2017 Cards Against Humanity Saves America campaign.
- Whoops, Donald Trump is still the president.
- Oh god.
FOR MORE: Buy Saves America Pack on Amazon
#17 | Pride Pack
Pride Pack takes its spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because the cards are solid but it would have been great to see more. There is some good stuff in here and definitely funny inside stuff for any member of any group discussed, but there is much more to be done.
To pack to celebrate Pride month, the time of year when companies put a rainbow on their products to capitalize on gay culture. Fabulous! Here’s the Pride Pack.
- 30 cards that completely encapsulate the queer experience.
- Written by an elite squad of lesbians, bisexuals, gays, trans people, allies, and unicorns.
- All Pride Month profits donated to Howard Brown Health.
FOR MORE: Buy Pride Pack on Amazon
#16 | Theatre Pack
Theatre Pack takes the number sixteen spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because the pack does a solid job of exploring the world of theatre. Any group who is familiar at all will find lots of humor in the different troupes and situationals.
As the Bard once said, “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely members of our target demographic.” Hark! It’s the Theatre Pack, 30 cards about those things that are like movies but they happen right in front of you.
- We’d like to thank our parents, our amazing director, and of course, God.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s favorite pack.
FOR MORE: Buy Theatre Pack on Amazon
#15 | Fantasy Pack
Fantasy Pack lands at number fifteen on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it is a very solid pack that comes to you from a collective of some of the best fantasy writers in existence. Since this might not be a world for everyone, they did a good job to make everything very broad and something that everyone could enjoy.
Oh no! Not another f*cking elf! It’s the Fantasy Pack, co-written with make-believers Pat Rothfuss, Neil Gaiman, Sam Sykes, Myke Cole, Jacqueline Carey, Martha Wells, Sherwood Smith, Elizabeth Bear, and Wesley Chu.
- Look at how famous these people are! You basically have to buy this pack now that you’ve read that list.
- 32 cards that will hopefully be turned into a $300 million film franchise someday.
FOR MORE: Buy Fantasy Pack on Amazon
#14 | Food Pack
Food Pack takes its spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because this is a really solid bet but you never know. Food can be very polarizing, some people love to talk about it and some people think foodies are the enemy. There is lots that could be funny here, but also many people have said it is not their favorite.
All people know that food is divided into four categories: chomp chomps, snick-snacks, crunchies, and yellow circles. In the United States, food is a big part of everyone’s daily lives. When people don’t have enough of it, it causes a big problem! Here’s an expansion about the topic: food.
- 30 cards about brekky gruffles and syrupy friend chortles.
- Co-written with our friends at Lucky Peach.
- Goodbye food, goodbye from mouth, you are on your journey now.
FOR MORE: Buy Food Pack on Amazon
#13 | Sci-Fi Pack
Sci-Fi Pack takes the number thirteen spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because things are starting to get good. There are many topics in Sci-fi that cross over with mainstream popular culture and that makes for many jokes that everyone can laugh at together.
Red Alert! Sensors detect 30 Cards Against Humanity cards headed straight for the warp core! Set condition one throughout the fleet and prepare for new content!
- 30 cards about what will happen when humanity goes too far with technology.
- Written with famous authors including Pat Rothfuss.
- All profits donated to Worldbuilders.
FOR MORE: Buy Sci-Fi Pack on Amazon
#12 | Dad Pack
Dad Pack lands here on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because the idea of a dad joke in itself is genius, and this pack masterfully takes that idea and makes it into a fantastic addition to the game. This one not only is funny, but it provides a unique bonding opportunity that will really shine a light on that great dad who has all the dad jokes. Finally, his time to shine.
How many times have you been told? Close the goddamn door while the A/C is on. And while you’re at it, grab me the all new Cards Against Humanity Dad Pack featuring 30 incredible cards about fatherhood.
- 30 cards about the man who barebacked your mom.
- Comes in your choice of fake dad movie DVD case.
- All 9 cases have the same cards and no actual DVD.
FOR MORE: Buy Dad Pack on Amazon
#11 | Design Pack
Design Pack sits in the middle of the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it does a fantastic job of cracking the world of making creativity. This one will definitely keep you sharp, with all the bold colors and designs gracing each card. This selection is well-curated, a good mix of styles and aesthetics.
The Design Pack contains 30 crazy white cards illustrated by some of the world’s best graphic designers, including Milton Glaser (I <3 NY), Susan Kare (the Apple Macintosh), Erik Spiekermann (MetaDesign), and legendary printmakers like Jay Ryan, Yann Legendre, Olly Moss, Mike Mitchell, and Sonnenzimmer. Read more on the official site.
- 30 weird, illustrated, full-color white cards.
- Themed to George Carlin’s Seven Dirty Words.
- All profits donated to the Chicago Design Museum.
FOR MORE: Buy Design Pack on Amazon
#10 | College Pack
College Pack grabs the top ten spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because there is not a much more special time in a person’s life than college. A big plus, is that since you are playing with adults, everyone will have some kind of perspective on the manner and will have plenty to contribute. There is a reason Belushi wearing the “college” shirt is such a popular image.
Remember when you were in college and ate ramen noodles and had sex all the time? Wouldn’t it be great to relive those glory days?
- 30 cards about learning and throw up.
- Comes with a special 18″ x 24″ poster for your dorm room.
- You should break up with your high school boyfriend.
FOR MORE: Buy College Pack on Amazon
#09 | Jew Pack
Jew Pack lands here on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it is handled in a great way that adequately pokes fun at all ideas of religion and different traditions. There is more to it than one could ever imagine.
Fun fact: 100% of the Cards Against Humanity writers are Jewish. Can you believe it? A Jewish comedy writer! Anything is possible in 2017.
- 30 cards from our big brains full of facts and sadness.
- Previously released as part of Cards Against Humanity’s Eight Sensible Gifts for Hanukkah.
- Did you get enough to eat? Are you sure?
FOR MORE: Buy Jew Pack on Amazon
#08 | Ass Pack
Ass Pack takes the number eight spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because what is funnier than butts. Everyone knows it and as this pack shows us, there is surprisingly so much to explore. Ass action has spread across many decades and the writers do a great job of representing that.
Back it up. Now bring it down. Lower. Down to the floor. Now wiggle it all around. Now get out your wallet and buy the all-new Ass Pack!
- 30 new cards regarding butts.
- Includes cards by visionary ass connoisseur Sir Mix-A-Lot.
- Spank it!
FOR MORE: Buy Ass Pack on Amazon
#07 | Human Pack
Human Pack takes this spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because we are pretty funny things. There are many different specialty packs for this game, but none until now that so well captured the overall general bucket that is humanity. There is much there and this pack does a good job of bringing in some great stuff.
For Black Friday 2019, they taught a computer to write Cards Against Humanity cards and then made our human writers battle it for their jobs. Here’s the pack the humans wrote.
- 30 beautiful cards about the human condition straight from the hearts of our human writers.
- Still available for a limited time.
FOR MORE: Buy Human Pack on Amazon
#06 | World Wide Web Pack
World Wide Web Pack takes the number six spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because the internet is at the center of all of our lives and also often the source of where we find humor. These come from users of the community Reddit and talk about a braintrust of great ideas.
Except for the rampant misinformation and unspeakable pornography, the Internet is one of Al Gore’s greatest inventions. They wrote this pack in a Reddit AMA with the help of a bunch of Internet strangers, which historically has always been a complete disaster.
- 30 cards written with anonymous users of Reddit.
- All profits donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
FOR MORE: Buy World Wide Web Pack on Amazon
#05 | Weed Pack
Weed Pack cracks the top five on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because it is a funny topic that has lots of multiple meanings and hidden innuendo. You though games with your parents were awkward before, welcome to kicking it up a notch.
Hey man, I know I was supposed to get you the website content for the Weed Pack, but I got really high and this is all I have so far haha.
- Cannabis, also known as marijuana among several other names, is a psychoactive drug from the Cannabis plant intended for medical or recreational use.
- something about mass incarceration
- 30 (?) cards about weed
- Def mention profits go to the Marijuana Policy Project
- taco bell near me
FOR MORE: Buy Weed Pack on Amazon
#04 | 2000s Nostalgia Pack
2000s Nostalgia Pack takes this high spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because there is not much better than hitching a ride on the nostalgia train.
Dude, where’s my car? The 2000s Nostalgia Pack comes with 30 new cards capitalizing on the surge of dopamine that floods your brain when you think about your childhood.
- Chunky highlights.
- Butterfly clips.
- Bootcut jeans.
- Bush did 9/11.
- You’re such a Miranda!
FOR MORE: Buy 2000s Nostalgia Pack on Amazon
#03 | Period Pack
Period Pack takes third on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because this game is supposed to be over the top cringeworthy just in a good way. There might be no better pack to accomplish that continued goal than the period pack. Very sensitive subjects being explored and laughed about here.
Have you ever looked down at your underpants and said, “oh no”? Cards Against Humanity’s got you covered with our most absorbent pack yet: The Period Pack.
- Contains 30 cards written while we were all on our periods.
- Best played every 25 to 35 days.
- Lightly scented to help prevent odors.
- Comes with a surprise for your special time.
FOR MORE: Buy Period Pack on Amazon
#02 | Geek Pack
Geek Pack is runner up on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because Geek culture has more than anything taken over a huge part of entertainment. There are so many levels to the humor here and this a great addition to the game for any group of people.
There’s nothing you geeks love more than branded references you can consume. Remember Batman? What about Firefly? Bazinga!
- 30 cards about video games, D&D, Game of Thrones, and all the other bullshit you like.
- Previously released in limited-edition packs we gave away at PAX East and PAX Prime.
FOR MORE: Buy Geek Pack on Amazon
#01 | 90s Nostalgia Pack
90s Nostalgia Pack takes the top spot on the list of the best Cards Against Humanity expansions because nostalgia is such a great aspect to bring into this game and there is not much more of a crazy decades that spreads a bunch of different groups like the 90s. Plug into a period that game the world so much, in more ways than one.
Don’t have a cow, man! The 90s Nostalgia Pack is a totally tubular Crossfire™ of Freshmaking® jokes. Once you pop, the fun don’t stop!
- 30 cards cards about the 1990s, a popular decade.
- Too sexy for its shirt.