January 24, 2022 – An E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Board Game has been announced by publisher Funko Games and their in-house creative studio Prospero Hall. The publisher shared the news via a social media post ahead of the London Toy Fair with the artwork of the game –
“Announcing E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial: Light Years From Home, a new cooperative adventure game by Prospero Hall. Work together to bike through town, using shortcuts and ramps to avoid federal agents and send E.T. home. Landing at Target Summer 2022.”
E.T. originally came out in 1984 and is still one of the most iconic alien and/or family franchises to date. Originally directed by Steven Spielberg, the film stars a young Drew Barrymore was only 7 years old.
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was left behind, and now, federal agents are coming for him! In this cooperative adventure game, play as Elliott, Gertie, Michael, and Greg as you work together to send E.T. home. Bike through the neighborhood, using shortcuts and ramps to avoid the agents. Collect items that E.T. can use to build a communication device and call his ship. Then get E.T. to the clearing before his heartlight fades!
- Adorable and detailed figures of the kids on their bicycles!
- The E.T. figure and the device dice fit inside the kids’ bicycle baskets.
- Beautifully illustrated components and cards that depict beloved scenes from the classic film.
- Game board of Elliot’s neighborhood, including shortcuts and ramps that the kids can use to outrun the government agents.
- “Fly” the mothership around the board until it rescues E.T.!
He’s 3 million light years from home and needs your help getting back!
Age Range: Ages 10 and up
Players: For 2-4 Players
Play Time: 30-minute gameplay
Item No.: 62998
What do you think of the news E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Board Game announced by Funko? Let us know in the comments below!